Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin-Carrot-Soup

Pumpkin-Carrot-Soup in 30 Minutes

A Healthy and Delicious Way into the Cold Season of the Year

The cold season has begun and it brings us delicious pumpkins to work with. Today I made an awesome soup at work with half a pumpkin, carrot juice and a little bit of potato powder. 

My Rating 

(feel free to add your own in the comments)
  • ★ Taste - Delicious, because I simply love pumpkins.
  • ☆ Price - I spent about 3€ for this. 
  • ☆ Time - about 30 minutes total.
  • ★★★★ Healthiness - Only vegetables here, so I think this keeps you really fit. 
  • ☆ Simplicity - pumpkins can be hard to cut, but it's possible with a standard knife.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 of a little Hokkaido pumpkin
  • 500ml of carrot juice
  • 2 spoons of  potato power
  • 1 spoon of chineese soja sauce (but any other works fine)

Directions

  1. Put the carrot juice into a medium sized pot. 
  2. Power up the cooker at highest power until the juice is cooking. Then, reduce the heat to medium intensity.
  3. In the meantime cut the Hokkaido pumpkin (or a part of it, like a half or a quarter, depending on its size) into small pieces. Put them into the pot whenever you can.
  4. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
  5. Season it with salt, pepper and soja sauce.

Make it Special

(these are optional and depend on your personal preference, time or money)
  • If you like to you can add some ginger or cumin. 
  • You may add some cream and herbs like cives, coriander or parsley.
  • If you are not sensible about your breath add some raw spring onions on it (both the green and the white part are fine).


About iCanteen

The aim of this blog is to talk about healthy and efficient cooking for everybody at work. Because cooking at work is not the same as at home, you have to consider a lot of things there. For example you are limited in time and equipment and you don't want to scare customers away with an intense smell of onions, garlic, meet or fish. More than that you might want to eat healthy and good everyday.  
I cook almost on a daily basis at my work place for launch. Considering all of the restrictions I sometimes make a really good job at it and I draw a lot of attention at my company. Because many people have been asking me about what I am performing there at the cooker I've decide to write about it, so that I can share my experience for others.
I'm looking forward to write here on an almost daily basis and invite you to share your ideas with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment